Ekaterina Pankova: Good that we could cope with the block and attack
Bangkok, Thailand. 8 July 2016. After won the straight-set over Thailand on Friday night at Indoor Stadium Huamark, the correspondent of russiavolley.com has an short interview with Captain Ekaterina Pankova.
– How do you comments about the match today?
– I liked our game, but we still made a lot of mistakes. Good that we could cope with the block and attack that helped us to win 3:0. Thailand team played well in defense on the pitch. It was not very easy for us today.
– Russia will play against USA tomorrow, do you have confidence to win ?
– Tomorrow will be a serious contest, we need to show our best and make the least mistake in order to win the game. We really want to win tomorrow and get into the finals.
– How will the team prepare for the Olympic after the WGP?
– After the Grand Prix, we will be in Moscow, there will be 3 rest days and then we will meet at Novogorsk for training. As time is running short before the Olympic Games, I hope we will be able to correct the mistakes for this time, keeping us in good shape in the game! I hope Tatiana Kosheleva can join us. We will play very hard even without her.