Giba: I apologize to the Russian players. I played in Russia and I love this country
The well-known of the Brazilian volleyball player Giba heads the commission of the athletes of the International Federation of Volleyball, stated Soviet sport that his statements from the Brazilian media about the desire to dispute the result of the Olympic Games 2012 of year in London were incorrectly interpreted.
– “I personally talked with the vice-president of Russian Volleyball Federation. He understood that my words completely incorrectly transferred. None of what I have attributed to the Russian press.” – Giba said the correspondent of Soviet Sport.
– What did the answer from the Head of the Federation?
– He sent me a translation in Italian, because I can speak in this language too. In response, I sent the correct translation. In the Russian news no word of truth nor the words from the material that was published in Brazil.
– Have you tried to talk with your acquaintances of the Russian volleyball players?
– I had tried. It was all about madness after the news released, this can be understood. It is unfortunate that the media made it so that we had an argument. In our form of sport, we should all be united.
– What about now?
– I apologize to the Russian players, but I will forgive of those newspapers that completely incorrectly transferred my words. The president of the federation called me, he said: “Giba, I know that you’re not such a person. It’s not in your character.” So there is! I played in Russia, I love this country, I’ve got friends here. Do you think I can just assume and blame the players?